The Procrastinator's Garden - June 2010

The Procrastinator's Garden - June 2010

Friday, October 1, 2010

The Cupcake Sweatshop

Tomorrow is my son's 4th birthday party. Being a procrastinator, I of course have plenty of things to do today, and nestled right in the middle of the list is "write blog." Oh sure, that'll take 20 minutes, as long as you don't count the 2 hours I usually spend staring at the screen willing the words to just show up on their own. So, today's blog will be brought to you by "Stream of Consciousness," and by the letters O,M,G and sometimes Y.

I do this to myself every time, but this year I am surprisingly unstressed about it. Things are getting done, and I still have a few minutes left before that last minute rolls around. Last year, I made two kinds of chili, neither of which the 3 years olds were generally interested in. This year, I've learned my lesson: simple food, catered to my audience. So the chicken is marinating, ready for the grill. Mac & cheese (generally accepted by most preschoolers) is prepped, veggies are washed & ready for slicing. Cupcakes are baking. Laundry is spinning. Patrick Watson is singing about big birds in small cages. And, will you look at that, words are showing up on the screen for my blog. Granted, it's not a Nobel Prize Winner, but it'll do.

It's a procrastinator's day of reckoning, so to speak, but I'm feeling good. I'm preparing to celebrate my son with our family & friends. How could I not feel good about that? And on that note, my alloted 20 minutes are up. Better get back to the cupcake sweatshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment