The Procrastinator's Garden - June 2010

The Procrastinator's Garden - June 2010

Friday, June 11, 2010

Allow me to introduce myself...

Let's just start by saying that I am not an expert gardener. Enthusiastic, yes. Avid, maybe. But not an expert. I don't know which plants to group together to attract or repel bugs, I don't know the Latin names for anything and I don't own one of those big floppy hats. My expertise lies more in the area of procrastination. Actually, I like to say that I'm an amateur-crastinator. I was going to turn pro, but I never got around to it (ba-dump bump). The world is a fascinating place, and I am easily distracted by both legitimate commitments (son, husband, dog, house, husband in the doghouse) and daydreams (is 40 too old to become a rock star?, I wonder if I could get 80 million litres of crude oil into a bp executive's backyard pool?)

Each year I try growing a few new veggies. Last year, corn (success!) and eggplant (abysmal failure), this year artichoke & lemongrass. Each day I try to convince my 3 year-old to eat vegetables, with varying degrees of success. So, if you check in with me twice a week (does Tuesdays & Fridays work for you?) you'll learn about the successes and failures of my little veggie patch, the ever-hilarious antics of my 3 year-old son, my attempt to build the ultimate playlist for everything and really whatever else captures my attention on that particular day.

My over-burdened computer and insufficient dial-up connection are not letting me post pictures yet. As soon as I figure it out, I'll post I've included a pic of the newly refurbished and expanded retaining wall around the garden which I'll discuss in more detail next time. Unless, of course, something else comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment