The Procrastinator's Garden - June 2010

The Procrastinator's Garden - June 2010

Friday, July 2, 2010

Getting Away From It All

I'm in the back woods of Northern Ontario with no tv, no phone, no cell reception and internet only at the local library. Sometimes you just gotta get away from the fast-paced world of Vancouver Island (for future reference, anyone who wonders if I'm joking, the answer is usually yes.)

I find myself obsessing about my garden. We stop by to visit relatives, and I eye up their potatoes, wondering if mine have sprouted up that far yet. I see corn growing in a community garden and I wonder if the promising new growth that started just before we left has continued, or if I'll have to rip out my stalks when we get home. The longer I'm away, the more curious I get. I'm hoping to find a significant change, the kind you don't see when you stare at something every day. And I'm hoping that change has nothing to do with those infernal slugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment